阅读打卡第20期:温情

阅读打卡第20期:温情

阅读打卡第20期:温情

恩曼英语推出阅读养成计划

这里是打卡第二十期

每周二、四、六阅读

在微信公众号推送给你

语音+中英文字的模式

帮助你养成良好的阅读习惯

欢迎大家扫描下图打卡

小曼会为大家记录

坚持打卡者将会收到小曼的奖励哦~

阅读打卡第20期:温情

At night I want you to put me under a glass globe. 

晚上您得把我保护好。

It is very cold where you live. 

你这地方太冷。

In the place I came from. 

在这里住得不好,我原来住的那个地方。

But she interrupted herself at that point. 

但她没有说下去。

She had come in the form of a seed. 

她来的时候是粒种子。

She could not have known anything of any other worlds. 

她哪里见过什么别的世界。

Embarassed over having let herself be caught on the verge of such a naive untruth, 

她叫人发现她是在凑一个如此不太高明的谎话,她有点羞怒,

she coughed two or three times, in order to put the little prince in the wrong. 

咳嗽了两三声。她的这一招是要小王子处于有过失的地位。

The screen? 

屏风呢?

I was just going to look for it when you spoke to me. 

我这就去拿。可你刚才说的是

阅读打卡第20期:温情

Then she forced her cough a little more so that he should suffer from remorse just the same.

于是花儿放开嗓门咳嗽了几声,依然要使小王子后悔自己的过失。

So the little prince, in spite of all the good will that was inseparable from his love, had soon come to doubt her. 

尽管小王子本来诚心诚意地喜欢这朵花,可是,这一来,却使他马上对她产生了怀疑。

He had taken seriously words which were without importance, and it made him very unhappy. 

小王子对一些无关紧要的话看得太认真,结果使自己很苦恼。

"I ought not to have listened to her," he confided to me one day. "One never ought to listen to the flowers." 

有一天他告诉我说:“我不该听信她的话,绝不该听信那些花儿的话,”

One should simply look at them and breathe their fragrance. 

看看花,闻闻它就得了。

Mine perfumed all my planet.

我的那朵花使我的星球芳香四溢,

But I did not know how to take pleasure in all her grace. 

可我不会享受它。

This tale of claws, which disturbed me so much, should only have filled my heart with tenderness and pity. 

关于老虎爪子的事,本应该使我产生同情,却反而使我恼火

And he continued his confidences: "The fact is that I did not know how to understand anything!" 

他还告诉我说:“我那时什么也不懂!”

I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words. 

我应该根据她的行为,而不是根据她的话来判断她。

She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. 

她使我的生活芬芳多彩,

I ought never to have run away from her.

我真不该离开她跑出来。

I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little strategems. 

我本应该猜出在她那令人爱怜的花招后面所隐藏的温情。

Flowers are so inconsistent! 

花是多么自相矛盾!

But I was too young to know how to love her. 

我当时太年青,还不懂得爱她。

阅读打卡第20期:温情
阅读打卡第20期:温情
阅读打卡第20期:温情
阅读打卡第20期:温情

阅读打卡第20期:温情

阅读打卡第20期:温情
点击 "阅读原文" 完成打卡