傻大方


首页 > 学习 > >

如何做个好翻译:美国名校给你十条建议|如何做个好翻译:美国名校给你十条建议


按关键词阅读:

美国蒙特雷国际研究生院(Monterey Institute of International Studies)是美国翻译及传译专业No.1的学校,以下十条便是蒙特雷校方给翻译专业新生的建议 。有志于走上翻译道路的同学们,来看看如何成为一个优秀的译员吧 。

1. Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).

多读书,尤其要读外语作品 。

Read high quality newspapers (e.g. the New York Times, Wall Street Journal) EVERY DAY for at least a year.

每天读高质量的报纸(如《纽约时报》《华尔街日报》等),坚持至少一年 。

Read high quality news magazines (e.g. the Economist), cover to cover.

读高质量的杂志(如《经济学家》等),从封面到封底,每一页都要读 。

Read your favorite topics in your non-native language(s).

阅读关于你感兴趣的主题的外语作品 。

Read other well-written material that will help broaden your general knowledge.

阅读其他高质量的,有助于拓宽视野的材料 。

2. Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all workinglanguages.

多关注电视和广播里的各语种时事报导 。

Don't just listen to news stories; analyze them.

不要只把新闻当故事听,要分析新闻 。

Keep abreast of current events and issues.

与时俱进,跟上时事的步伐 。

Record news programs and interviews so you can listen to them later.

把新闻节目和采访录下来,以便回顾 。

3. Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).

加强你在经济、历史、法律、国际政治和科学方面的知识,了解一些基本的概念和原理 。

Take college-level courses, review high school texts, etc.

可以通过学习大学课程或复习高中课本来达到这一点 。

Strengthen your knowledge in a specialized field (preferably in a technical field, such as computers).

加强你在某个特定领域的知识(最好是某个技术领域,如计算机等) 。

4. Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.

在通用语言是你所学外语的国家住上一段时间 。

A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.

推荐至少住上半年到一年 。

Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.

和以你所学外语为母语的人住在一起或保持互动 。

Take content-related courses (e.g. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).

参加一些外语教授的课程(如宏观经济学,政治科学等,而不是单纯的语言课程) 。

Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.

在对你的外语水平要求较高的环境里工作 。

5. Fine-tune your writing and research skills.

提升你的写作和研究技能 。

Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can “speak” journalese, UNese, legalese, etc.

参加有挑战性的写作课程(不仅仅是创意写作课,而是新闻写作、科技文章写作之类的课程),如此你方能熟悉“新闻体”、“联合国体”、“法律体”等等写作风格 。

Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).

抄写外语课本和期刊段落 。

Make a note of unfamiliar or troublesome grammatical points and work towards mastering them.

把不常用或者易出错的语法点一一记下来,努力掌握它们 。

Practice proofreading.

多做改错练习 。

6. Improve your public speaking skills.

提升你的公共演讲技能 。

Take rigorous speech courses.

参加严格的演讲课程 。

Practice writing and making presentations in front of other people in both your native and foreign language(s). (Have native speakers of your non-native language edit your speeches.)

多练习写讲稿和在其他人面前做演讲,既要用母语练也要用外语练 。(最好让以你所学外语为母语的人来修改你的讲稿 。)

7. Hone your analytical skills.

磨练你的分析技能 。

Practice listening to speeches and orally summarizing the main points.

练习口头总结出听到的演讲的中心思想 。

Practice writing summaries of news articles.

练习写新闻报道的摘要 。

Practice deciphering difficult texts (e.g. philosophy, law, etc.).

声明:本文是由网友投稿,文中所阐述的观点不代表本网的立场。


来源:(未知)

【傻大方】网址:/a/2020/1127/00136718.html

标题:如何做个好翻译:美国名校给你十条建议|如何做个好翻译:美国名校给你十条建议


上一篇:突破英语听译三大技巧|突破英语听译三大技巧

下一篇:英语汉译英翻译的重要技巧|英语汉译英翻译的重要技巧


会·学习

春天五年级作文|美丽的春天五年级作文5篇

阅读(48)

花园里,花朵们都抬起了它们那害羞的小脸,似乎在欢迎春天的到来;草地上,孩子们有的在欢乐的做游戏,有的在放风筝,有的在草地上寻找春天的足迹;公园里,小草从地下探出头来,...

会·学习

脑袋总是胡思乱想,怎样控制自己的思考

阅读(28)

从那以后我变得非常专注淡定,不会被各种稀奇古怪的念头所扰,能够为了一个特定的目标该干嘛干嘛先说结论:1、想法无法控制,只能引导我自认为意志力还不错以前我无数次试图去...